Brett R. Gallaway is a partner in the litigation department and Co-Chair of McLaughlin and Stern’s Class Action Practice. Mr. Gallaway specializes in employment and commercial litigation with a concentration on complex and class action lawsuits. Amongst numerous other multimillion dollar class action settlements and verdicts, Mr. Gallaway was appointed as class counsel and secured a $30.5 Million settlement against a Fortune 500 Silicon Valley Technology Company in a class action on behalf of employees who went through security checks. See Frlekin v. Apple Inc., Case No. 13-cv-3451 (N.D. Cal.) He has a detailed working knowledge of federal and state labor laws and has successfully litigated and negotiated hundreds of employment claims including wage and hour issues, employment discrimination and wrongful termination, WARN Act violations and various other labor disputes. In addition to employment litigation, Mr. Gallaway also regularly assists clients with corporate, real estate and transactional matters, and has significant federal and state court trial experience prosecuting and defending commercial lawsuits. Mr. Gallaway also regularly represents clients in all facets of the restaurant and hospitality industry from business organization and structuring to protective strategies and litigation defense.
Mr. Gallaway has been regularly cited in the press and legal publications for his innovative efforts in the practices of employment law and litigation and has been recognized since 2015 in New York’s “Super Lawyers” as a “Rising Star”, which is a competitive selection of the top 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state, as chosen by their peers and through independent research.
Mr. Gallaway received his Bachelor of Science degree magna cum laude from New York University and his J.D. from Tulane Law School where he was on the Moot Court Board, three national Moot Court Trial Teams and practiced as a student attorney in the Tulane Domestic Violence Law Clinic. Mr. Gallaway is a native of New York City and is a member of the New York County Lawyer’s Association.
News & Press
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act
- NYS Issues Guidance on How to Obtain a Precautionary or Mandatory Order of Quarantine
- Memorandum Re: Federal and New York State Employment Legislation and Protection in Response to COVID
- Brett Gallaway Files Multimillion Dollar Complaint Against Famed Art Gallery and Owner, Mary Boone
- McLaughlin & Stern Defeats Apple, Inc. in Historic Class Action Decision
- Brickman and Gallaway Win Multimillion-Dollar Judgment
- Tulane University Law School (J.D., 2011)
- New York University (B.S., 2008, magna cum laude)
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- New York County Lawyer’s Association