William “Bill” Abel received his law degree from the University of Miami School of Law, with honors, and served as Executive Editor of the Inter-American Law Review. Bill is board certified as a specialist in civil trial law by The Florida Bar and is also rated “AV” by Martindale Hubbell. An “AV” rating distinguishes Bill as having very high ethical standards and legal ability as evaluated by his peers. While Bill’s primary practice focuses on representing individuals and families who have suffered serious personal injury or wrongful death, he also handles debt collection matters and commercial litigation matter. Early in his career, Bill worked as a Staff Attorney for the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit in and for Palm Beach County where he worked closely with civil judges, learning the inner workings of the court system and the litigation process. After leaving the court, Bill worked for some of the world’s largest insurance companies, including AIG and Zurich, and uses his 15 years of experience as an insurance defense attorney to his advantage to obtain excellent results for his clients. Bill has practiced his entire career in Palm Beach County and is the third generation of his family to call Palm Beach County home.
When Bill is not helping clients he enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, and volunteering in his community. Bill’s aspiration is to not only serve as an effective advocate for his clients but to also serve as counselor of law to assist clients during difficult times in their lives.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., cum laude 1994 – 1997; Executive Editor, Inter-American Law Review 1996-1997)
- Guilford College (B.A., English Language and Literature/Letters 1987 – 1991)
- The Lawrenceville School (Diploma 1987)
- Riverview High School (Diploma 1986)
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer Florida Bar June 2012
- Leadership Palm Beach County – Class of 2016
- Leadership West Palm Beach – Class of 2014
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- Forum Club of the Palm Beaches