William A. Ackerman advises clients in real estate transactions, financing, leasing, development, zoning and land use, and real estate management. He also assists clients in all aspects of family legal matters.
Mr. Ackerman is a 1959 graduate of New York University Law School; he earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Vermont. He serves as a Trustee of the Parker Geriatric Institute at Long Island Jewish-Hillside Medical Center, and from 1989 through 1995 was a Commissioner of the Long Island State Parks Commission. Mr. Ackerman has been involved in numerous community activities for more than thirty years. He was the court-appointed receiver for the Wyndham Condominiums in Garden City, New York, participating actively in one of the largest foreclosures in the history of Nassau County. In early 1997, the State Board of Regents appointed Mr. Ackerman as a Trustee of Adelphi University, a position in which he served until 2006.
RELATED NEWS & PRESS
New York, New York (November 7, 2016) McLaughlin & Stern, LLP, announced today that the partners of Ackerman, Levine, Cullen, Brickman & Limmer, LLP, the…Share This
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 1959)
- University of Vermont (B.A., Psychology, 1956)
- New York, NY
- New York, 1959
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1977
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 1978
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 1966
- Queens County, Nassau County and New York State Bar Associations