Linda Rosenthal has extensive experience in all aspects of family and matrimonial law, including divorce, equitable distribution, pre- and post-nuptial agreements, child support and custody, and post-divorce judgment disputes. Among other matters, Ms. Rosenthal has handled: highly-contested emergency custody applications; complex litigation and pre-nuptial disputes involving international law issues; and significant high-conflict equitable distribution cases. Ms. Rosenthal is an experienced trial and appellate lawyer. She appears regularly in New York courts and has argued in numerous Federal district and appellate courts, and state Supreme Courts throughout the country. Ms. Rosenthal recently secured interim leave to appeal from the Family Court in New York County and subsequently won a successful 5-0 decision from the Appellate Division for the First Judicial Department.
Ms. Rosenthal graduated from the University of Virginia School of Law. Before focusing her practice exclusively in matrimonial and family law, she was a constitutional litigator at the Center for Reproductive Rights and a complex civil litigator at Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe. She has appeared on television and given numerous press interviews. Ms. Rosenthal is admitted to practice in New York State and is a member of the bars of the U.S. Supreme Court, the appellate courts for the Second, Fifth and Seventh Circuits, and numerous federal district courts.
News & Press
- University of Virginia (J.D.)
- S.U.N.Y. at Binghamton (B.A.)
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals; Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals; Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
- E.D. Michigan; S.D. Indiana
- Women and the Status of the Legal Profession, New York City Bar
- The Hon. Sarah Evans Barker, U.S.D.C., S.D. Ind.
- Women’s Law and Public Policy Fellowship, Georgetown University Law Center