Jason S. Giaimo is an associate in the litigation department where his practice focuses primarily in the areas of complex commercial litigation, civil litigation, and employment law. Jason has represented both businesses and individuals in commercial and civil litigation matters, including claims involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, tortious interference, unfair competition, accounting malpractice, and consumer fraud claims. His employment litigation experience includes representing both plaintiffs and defendants in connection with claims arising under state and federal law, including the Fair Labor Standard Act.
Some of Jason’s representative experience includes the following:
- Represented a hedge fund in an accounting malpractice and negligence class action resulting in a settlement totaling $27.5 million;
- Represented a privately-held limited liability company and its principal in connection with a breach of contract and breach of fiduciary action against the managing member for, inter alia, misappropriation of assets, which resulted in a favorable settlement for the firm’s client;
- Favorably settled a breach of contract action against a limited liability company arising out the limited liability company’s sale of assets to a publicly-traded company pursuant to an asset purchase sale; and
- Represented a mutual insurance association in a limitation of liability action arising out of a total loss of the association’s insured vessel.
Jason is a graduate of Indiana University and graduated magna cum laude from St. John’s University School of Law. While in law school, Jason served as Senior Articles Editor for the St. John’s Law Review.
News & Press
Publications & Honors
- St. John’s University School of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Indiana University (B.S., 2011)
- New York
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York