David A. Kellman practices in the areas of taxation, estate planning and trust and estate administration.
Mr. Kellman provides advice to clients with respect to tax matters; recommending and structuring business, investment and personal transactions for entities and individuals so as to obtain maximum favorable tax treatment. He also represents clients in tax matters before the Internal Revenue Service, state and city tax departments and in federal and state courts.
Mr. Kellman is admitted to practice law in New York and Florida and to appear before the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. He is a member of the Tax and Trusts and Estates Sections of the New York State Bar Association and a member of the New York County Lawyers’ Association.
Mr. Kellman graduated from the State University of New York with a B.E., Hofstra University with a J.D. and Georgetown University with an LL.M. in Taxation. Prior to entering into private practice, he was an attorney with the Internal Revenue Service at the National Office in Washington, D.C. He has been an instructor in Business Law at Adelphi University, and has spoken at seminars concerning taxation and estate planning.
Publications & Honors
- Hofstra University School of Law (J.D., 1974)
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M in Taxation, 1978)
- SUNY Stony Brook (B.E., 1971)
- Florida, 1976
- New York, 1975
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- New York State Bar Association, Tax Section
- New York State Bar Association, Trust & Estate Law Section
- New York County Lawyer’s Association